WE ARE HELL-BENT ON CREATING POSITIVE CHANGE IN THE WORLD
WHO WE ARE
Schparkly Creative is a brand, design, and marketing micro-agency. Sustainability is in our mission, and our the company ethos. All business decisions are to be made with sustainability in mind.
We are hell-bent on creating positive change in the world.
We will not work with ANY company that is doing harm.
Schparkly Creative recognizes that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
Wren & Marc Fegarsky Co-Founders are responsible for ensuring that this environmental policy is implemented, however, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of this policy are met.
We endeavour to:
• Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• Increase employee awareness and training.
• Evaluate and reduce our carbon footprint in line with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and the Science Based Target Initiative and set a meaningful timeline to achieve net zero.
• Ensure staff receive sufficient training in order to support our sustainability goals.
• Update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
• Promote Diversity, Equity and Inclusion through our recruitment and career progression programmes and our selection process
• Involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
• Provide staff with relevant environmental training.
• Use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
• Minimise the use of paper in the office.
• Reduce packaging as much as possible.
• Seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
• Reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
ENERGY & WATER
• Reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
• Switch off lights and electrical equipment when not in use.
• Adjust heating with energy consumption in mind.
• Take energy consumption and efficiency of new products into account when purchasing them.
• Evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
• Evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
• Favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
• Reuse and recycle everything we can.
• Reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessary trips only.
• Promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
• Make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
• Favour 'green' vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
CLEANING & MAINTAINANCE
• Use cleaning materials that are as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Use materials in any office refurbishment that are as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
• Repurpose materials to prevent waste and support a circular economy